Thursday, December 22, 2011

Design Team Mon...er....Thursday!


Yeah, it's not Monday anymore.  In fact, the week is just about done.  Blame it on the busy season, I guess.  I had every intention of creating this post on Monday but while I wasn't looking the week passed me by and now it is Thursday.  Well, here it is for your enjoyment now!  :)


For this month's Technique Challenge we are going to work with our Product of the Month - Ranger Accents. We are adding paper pieced elements to our layouts and then using the Accents to highlight them further!
__________________________________

Michele

Paper piecing is so much fun to do. There are all kinds of designs on the internet but you can also use colouring pages like I did here. I included the image if you want to try this swallow, it is easy to do, it only has 11 pieces. And covering it with Glossy Accent made it so fancy!!



Of course I had to use Crackled Accent on the clock... I know not all old clocks are broken but it looks so great with that medium, I just can't help myself! lol
 

The keys were fun to do as well; These plastic shapes are designed to be lacquered. They look like they are made of copper because of their colour but really, they are plastic and well designed!! They have a little ring on the leys for example, that you use to hold your piece while you add the Accents on them and once it's dry, you cut off that little ring with scizors. I did a white one last week on my sketch double layout and on this layout, there is a black one made with Enamel Accent and also a clear one made with Glossy Accent.

Paper: TPC Studio - Memory Lane paper collection and Bazzill cardstock
Inks: Coffee Bean Chalk ink and black pigment ink pen
Other mediums: Glossy Accent, Crackle Accent and black Enamel Accent
Ornaments: One TPC Studio - Memory Lane Sticker, a paper clock, 2 plastic keys, black zipper 
_______________________________________

Tracey

For this challenge, I decided to do a different take on the paper piecing thing. I actually used QuicKutz dies and then covered them with these mediums. The heart is covered with Crackle Accents and the apples as well as the words "apple" and "eyes" are covered in Glossy Accents. These mediums work wonderfully with die cuts to help them pop off the page.


Supplies:
Let's Eat collection by TPC Studio
Bazzill cardstock
QuicKutz fonts (License Plate & Moonlight)
QuicKutz dies (ribbon slot & apple)
Jillibean Soup flowers
American Crafts ribbon
Maya Road zipper trim
brads from my stash 
__________________________________

Julie



Products Used:
TPC paper - Winter Whites
Ribbon and felt snowflake
Snowflake brads
Ranger Glossy Accents
Diamond Dust
Maya Road Zipper
Letters - Misc.
Misc. cardstock, doily and pearls

No comments: