Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Team Monday!

This week the team is offering up a technique challenge.  We want you to use a product for something other than its' original or most-common use.

Tracey

I decided to stick to basics for this challenge. I used basic product on my layout but tried to "think outside my shell" and changed things up a bit.


Supplies:
Bella Blvd Christmas Wishes collection
Bazzill cardstock
Mini Alpha Letters from My Little Shoebox
Dew Drops
Glitter
Maraschino Twine from The Twinery
Gold ribbon

1. Patterned paper is generally expected to be laid down on our layouts. I cut some circles out of mine and made a handmade flower.
2. The red "Christmas" chipboard letters were fabulous as they were but I wanted to add a little extra pop so I covered them in some fine glitter.
3. The "Family" cardstock sticker is generally intended to lay flat on the page but I decided to double matte it and pop it up.
4. The Baker's twine is generally used for knots in buttons or perhaps strung across the page like ribbon but I decided to change things up and make a flower with it.


I hope this helps you see that techniques don't have to be complicated or stressful. Take a technique and stick to the basics with it and you are sure to create some fabulous layouts!
_______________________________

Virginia

I used two elements that are typically not part of a layout to aid in the design.....
1. a Christmas gift tag
2. a Christmas card

Then I also cut the patterned paper along the top out of it's "journalling block" template and used it instead to make a banner of sorts


Supply list:
Bazzill Holiday Style: Patterned Paper
Making Memories: Letter Stickers  
Bazzill Dot cardstock
Maya Road stick pins
Maya Road velvet ribbon 
_____________________________________

Michele

For my part, I had fun making the candy cane with eyelets and ribbon.


Papers: Echo Park - Season's Greetings Collection. Red Bazzill for the die cut
Inks: Brown Cat's Eye chalk ink and white-brown pigment ink pens.
Ornaments: Prima flower vine, Buttons, dew drops and gems, white ribbon and red eyelets, miscellaneous letters.
____________________________________

Julie

I used a Starbucks coffee sleeve, covered it in paper and sealed the bottom to create a pocket for tags.


Products used:
Paper - Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas
Maya Road pink trim
BoBunny snowflake rub-ons
Misc. Starbucks coffee sleeve

No comments: