Thursday, October 13, 2011

DT Special Assignment Day!


Colour Inspiration/Using Your Stash

By Virginia

I am not one who can easily pull colours out of the photos I'm scrapping to build my base of supplies - it's just not the way my brain works.

For this layout I pulled the colour scheme from the actual event that the photo was taken at - my sister in law's wedding colours were bright pink and black and white so I used those colours for this layout:



This was also a different approach for me because normally I want to play with my newest supplies so I just kind of build my layout around that but for this because I had a specific colour scheme in mind I was able to root through my stash to find lots of old product that I'd forgotten about that worked perfectly on this layout.

The next time you're stuck for where to start try starting with a colour palette before you pick your supplies - I guarantee you'll end up finding a few things in your stash you had forgotten about.

No comments: