Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tutorial

I came across this tutorial this morning on the Studio Calico blog and I just had to share it.  This confetti technique would look fabulous on layouts and cards!!  And of course you can achieve this look by using any paper you may have on hand.

This tutorial reposted here with permission from April Foster.



Confetti images have been so popular lately on my Pinterest feed, that I thought I would try to carry over the trend to a scrapbook layout.  To do that, I used a fairly neutral background.


Cover your background with a layer of Mod Podge.  When choosing your background, it’s best to start with a size larger than the final size you’d like.  Here, I didn’t need to cover the edges with Mod Podge since it’s larger than I needed.


Next, I used my swiss dot punch on a piece of patterned paper.  While punching, I held it over my background so as the circles fell, they would stick to the Mod Podge in a random arrangement.


Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill); Patterned Paper (Studio Calico); Veneer Button (Studio Calico); Fabric Brad, Metal Pieces, Seam Binding

No comments: