Saturday, June 25, 2011

DT Special Assignment Day!

Hi everyone.  Virginia here. 

I don't know about you but I love using ribbon on my layouts - I'm always on the lookout for new ways to incorporate it.

I have lots of ribbon from scrappy stores in my stash but also throw in ribbon from presents, packages etc and that's where I got my idea for today's layout which is "wrapping" a layout like a present.


Here's how to achieve this look on your next layout....

1. Cut two even size pieces just larger than your cardstock - attach with glue, staples etc so that the ribbons make a cross across your layout

2. Cut a third piece of ribbon to the shape of either a bow or knot whichever you prefer and tie it tight to secure it in place - you can go under the folds and secure with glue dots or a small foam tab.

That's it! Easy peasy and a great way to add some flair to your next "celebration" themed layout. 

No comments: