Monday, December 6, 2010

December Product Highlight

Product Highlight for December are the Maya Road Chipboard Keychains and Coaster Books. Just in time to whip up some last-minute holiday gifts or decorations!! The design team has created some gorgeous projects with these products and have showcased beautifully some different ways to put them to use!

Be sure to stop and get yours for 15% off for the entire month of December.

Vicki - I received the very sweet mittens chipboard album and the Christmas words key chain. Instead of making and album, I combined the two and made a banner. I punched an extra hole in the mitten with my crop-a-dile and strung it on pom-pom ribbon from the My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly line.

I also painted it with Ranger's Paint Dabber (in the colour lettuce), put on a coat of of Rock Candy crackle paint and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I added photos and chipboard elements from Holly Jolly as well. I inked the key chain words with Fired Brick Distress ink and attached them with a brad.


Heather - I worked with the Townhouse Coaster Album and the Christmas Words Keychain. I decided to use them to create a layout to showcase our holiday family photo (still to be taken so you have to imagine it is there).

A close-up of the house - I inked it with Distress Ink, added some colour with Copics, used Rock Candy Crackle Paint on the windows and door, created snow using my Snow Marker and some Stickles, and used Stickles on the shutters. I added some Dress It Up embellishments in the form of lights.

A close-up of the title - I inked the words with Distress Ink, then covered them with Stickles, adding Prima flowers to hide the holes from the keychain.

Shelley - I got the Maya Road Christmas Tree key-chain book, and decided to make an ornament book for my Mom & Dad of each of their grand-children's first Christmas. I still need to get the photos on it, I had to go searching through the boxes of photos (pre-digital) of my kids first Christmas to scan and then print. But here it is without the photos, hope you like it

I embossed the trees, then inked them with Distress Ink, and then added glitter to some of them. I used the Quickutz font from the 2009 gift set, and the trees, ornaments and the HO, HO, HO from the 2008 gift set. Also added stickles , and used Basic Grey's Jovial on the backs of the trees, and Bazill cardstock for the ornaments (which is where the pictures will be if you can imagine it!!) and I changed the chain to a ring from a Fontworks chipboard album.

Tanya - I received the snowflake chipboard book and christmas key chain words. I used glimmer mist on the chipboard snowflakes and ink on the word. Some AC thickers, PP and ribbon are from the My Mind's Eye 'I believe' line.



No comments: