Thursday, November 25, 2010

7th Handmade Gift Idea for Christmas

Today we have another idea for your holiday gift-giving! This one is brought to us by Tanya!
No matter how early I start or the great lists and intentions I have for my loved ones, I almost always have to resort to a gift card for someone. In order to make them a little more personal however I create a gift card holder in order to make the gift feel more special.
So here is another easy peasy quick idea to show your creativity in your gifts. I created a few different ones to show you some versatility.
I gathered my supplies. Some various papers, stickers, brads and border punches.

For this one, you start with a piece of thicker pp which is 7x4.5 inches. Score the paper at 3 and 6 inches along the width and at 3 inches along the length.

Fold at the scored lines to create a pocket. Seal along the bottom and one side.

Embellish as you desire. I used as border sticker and then pop dotted the saying on the top.

The second one I created was the easiest of all. You will need an old toilet paper roll - that's right, a toilet paper roll. Flatten it and seal the one end. Cover with paper and embellish as desired.


For the third one, cut a piece of double sided pp, 12x7. Score the paper at 6" along the length and at 3 inches along the width.

Once you have scored and folded the paper, you want to cut the left hand side smaller piece. I then scored and folded the remaining smaller piece.


Glue down the sides of the 'pocket'. I inked mine before attaching it.


Embellish the front of the card.


Thanks for checking this out today!!


No comments: