Friday, August 29, 2008
Shopping online? Buy it here.
It has definitely been a crazy week here, with 40 boxes of new product arriving! That's right FORTY! We were trying to get as much of it unpacked as we could and we will continue to work on it over the weekend. Even more stuff is due to arrive next weekend! I am not exactly sure where we will put it all but it is so exciting to see all the new stuff roll in!
We wish you all a safe and happy holiday weekend! Enjoy the last weekend of summer. YES, we are open on Monday!
I thought I would leave you with a bit of eye candy... Jen posted this layout for her sketch challenge this week... find some inspiration and run with it!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Watch for more news as the week progresses. There is always SOMETHING going on around here.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Thank you, everyone, for your overwhelming reaction to our Diva Crop for ScrapPink. It is already over half full!!! We have only 4 spots remaining, so if you are interested you need to book your spot quickly. You won't want to miss this event! You know that you are in for a good time at the Turtle Pond, whatever the event.
Thank you, as well, for your support, which has not only landed us in Canadian Scrapbooker as the featured LSS, but in the final running for the Reader's Choice Awards in the Record. Voting starts the middle of next week!
Time to run away for the day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll update you next week as new things are added to the website.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Run... do not walk... to your issue of Canadian Scrapbooker (if you don't have one yet, stop in, we ordered plenty!!!) and check out pages 130-131 to see some familiar faces! That's right! Scrapping Turtle has been featured in the "Your LSS" article! We couldn't be more honoured! Thank you for all of your support!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Our current Design Team term is beginning to wind down and we are looking for creative and enthusiastic scrapbookers to join! The goal in creating this team is to inspire and motivate scrapbookers of all levels and abilities. Only twelve days remaining to send in your applications!
Deadline for Design Team submissions will be Saturday, August 30, 2008 .
To apply, please send the following items to DesignTeam@scrappingturtle.com.
- Full contact information (Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address)
- 3 layouts, 1 altered project and 1 card
- Names and links of online galleries/forums/blogs (and your username) where your work may be viewed
- Any prior or existing Design Team experience
- A short bio about yourself, your scrapping style and why you want to be part of our Design Team
Design Team Requirements:
- Complete 3 layouts and either 1 altered item or card set (3 or more cards) per month. All projects should feature QuicKutz. All items to be uploaded to DT gallery by monthly deadline.
- Choose one of your projects each month and provide written directions and photos for an online workshop. Focus should be technique or sketch oriented.
- Participate actively (daily) on the message board (Turtle Soup) by creating new threads, responding to threads, leaving comments in the gallery, etc. From time to time Scrapping Turtle may ask Design Team members to be more active for certain purposes both online and in-store (i.e. online crops, store events, etc.).
- Participate in Design Team discussions and online "meetings"
- Weekly Rotation of Design Team Responsibilities (Challenges, Question of the Day, etc.)
- Commitment to a 6 month contract term (October 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009)
- Exclusivity to Scrapping Turtle Design Team for length of contract.
All projects created for Scrapping Turtle Design Team are exclusive to the Turtle Soup Message Board and Gallery for the duration of your contract.
Design Team Compensation:
- Receive a 20% discount on purchases from Scrapping Turtle.
- Receive monthly Design Team kits to be used in creating monthly projects
- Free shipping on orders shipped with Design Team kits
- The satisfaction of inspiring others
Monday, August 18, 2008
While you're here, you can check out the 15 boxes of product that Hannah graced us with on the weekend. It is going to take a couple of days to get it online, but we have received the new Tim Holtz stamps, Cornish Heritage Farms stamps (are you sensing a theme yet?), Pebbles paper and kits and Pink Paislee have all been added to our store collection. I'm not sure where it is going to LIVE in the store, but for now it is on crop tables waiting for a home. I know there is more but the time has come for me to head for home. More news later in the week.
Monday, August 11, 2008
School Daze Minibook
Some of the best memories in life happen at school! From great teachers and friends to life lessons learned, these are the days and moments that need to be remembered. Join Vicki in creating a fun and whimsical album that documents your favourite school highlights. With a class kit chock full of interesting product from
Photos required: 5x 3 ½, 3 x 2, two- 2x3, 2 x 1 ¾, two- 2 x 2, three- 2 x 3, 3 x 2 ¼, 3 x 2, three- 2 x 2 ¾ These are strictly suggested photo sizes. Any photos 4 x 6 or smaller will work.
Materials required: paper trimmer, pencil, ruler, wet and dry adhesive, colored pencils, eyelet setter, black pen, fine tip scissors, black, blue and green ink pads.
Time: 11 AM to 2 PM
Pearls and Best Wishes
(picture not yet available)
(picture not yet available)
Rangers Perfect Pearls Pigments provide the ultimate in luminescent effects! In this technique driven class come and explore a variety of uses for these little pots of magic! Think painting, doodling, spritzing, stamping and more! To sweeten the deal, Vicki has added a bunch of fun product from
Materials required: paper trimmer, pencil, ruler, wet and dry adhesive, black pen, fine tip scissors, black ink pad, baby wipes.
Time: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
To Register - Call the store at (519)-664-3951 with your credit card information, or stop in the store and register in person! We must have a form of payment to hold your seat. Thank you.