Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Meet the Design Team (Part Three)

Jasmine Roth




I have always had creativity on my side whether it be sewing, designing, scrapbooking or photography. I am a mommy to Charlise, Dominic, and Tyson aka chunky monkey. I discovered my true calling a few years ago when I became a professional photographer specializing in children and families. I live in Elmira, Ontario and am lucky enough to be a 5 minute drive from Scrapping Turtle. It is impossible for me to start my day without my Timmies and have a great husband who has learned that very quickly.

With many ups and downs in my life, scrapbooking became my creative outlet where I could just be me. It allowed me to express what I was feeling at a particular time, or at that moment. Special thanks to my friend Kerri who showed me how to create a hobby into an obsession. I am a total addict when it comes to paint, chipboard and rub-ons. I find it hard to create a "simple" layout. The brighter and bolder, the better for me.

What do I expect to gain from this experience? Well with all the wonderful inspiration in the gallery I want to think outside my box. Push myself to come up with great ideas and projects for every level of scrapbooker and even for myself. I Look forward to working with all of you and my hope is that I can also inspire you!



Kim Munro




Hi! My name is Kim Munro and I am so excited to be a part of the design team at Scrapping Turtle!! I barely remember life before scrapbooking (probably because it wasn't properly photographed and documented!) I am the proud mamma of two beautiful little girls who are the focus of my life and the inspiration for my scrapbooks. My husband Steve is "kinda" supportive of my all-consuming hobby which basically means he loves my photos and pages but hates the visa bills! I am an avid collector of all things scrapbook related and love all of the textures, colours and patterns that are part of this awesome hobby! I get so excited to see those brown boxes at the Scrapping Turtle, just knowing that they are full of new and exciting goodies to add to my pages!!

In addition to my family, I have also been blessed to discover a passion for photography and thanks to my husband, motocross! I love everything about it!! I have been racing for a number of years now and besides my love for the sport, it gives me a chance to play with those "boy" papers and embellies! I have always enjoyed photography and I love how well these passions of mine compliment each other, allowing me to challenge myself in a number of areas. Although my style tends to be fairly simple, allowing my photos to take centre stage, I still love the thrill of hunting for that perfect paper line or embellishments to help me tell my story.

After some serious health issues, I realized the value of documenting not only the events of our lives but also the feelings that I have for the people in my life. In a way, scrapbooking became a form of therapy for me. Through scrapbooking I have met some incredible people and made some wonderful friendships including the very supportive team of girls at the Turtle.

I have a very wise friend who once told me that "scrapbooks are meant to be shared"...and so thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share a piece of my life with you and I look forward to getting to know you a little better too! See ya in The Pond!

No comments: